- Volunteer Recruitment: GetConnected online volunteer management. Free access to VCSJ's Galaxy Digital site.
- Network: Free membership to the Volunteer Resource Network (VRN)
- Volunteer Retention: Take advantage of our best practice training and resources. 20% discounts to all training.
- Volunteer Recognition: Say thank you to your volunteers at the VCSJ Spirit of Community event. The Volunteer Center is a Certifying Organization for the President's Volunteer Service Award.
- Marketing: Spotlight your organization with your logo, social media and webiste links and more!
VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT: Make strides in building new volunteer relationships!
VCSJ's uses a mobile-friendly volunteer engagement platform, powered by Galaxy Digital. Our community engagement website allows nonprofits in our community to post volunteer opportunities and special events and builds stronger relationships with donors, corporate partners, sponsors, supporters and more. The website is totally free for the volunteering community to use!
Benefits for nonprofit organizations:
• Save time communicating volunteer opportunities and special events
• Automatically match individuals with opportunities to serve
• Increase community impact
• Build strong relationships with donors and volunteers
• Give donors opportunities to become more deeply engaged
Networking with volunteer and other nonprofit colleagues
The Volunteer Resource Network, hosted by the VCSJ Advisory Board Committee, connects local nonprofits and community-minded individuals and business who want to make a difference through volunteering. This association provides a forum for networking, idea exchange and open communication to any community member that actively manages volunteers. VRN meets 4 times a year at varying locations. Nonprofits looking to table at this event (free) click here.
VOLUNTEER RETENTION: Best pratice training & resources
Organizations that effectively engage volunteers at all levels, are more adaptable, sustainable, and capable of expanding. They also operate at half the median budget, as compared with organizations that do not engage volunteers. The Volunteer Center provides best practice training in the areas of volunteer engagement, board development and the Service Enterprise Certification Program.
VOLUNTEER RECOGNITION: Service awards dinner and reception
Once a year, we roll out the red carpet to honor those who serve, recognizing individuals, businesses and nonprofits who make a difference in New Jersey. The Volunteer Center provides nonprofit members an opportunity to recognize volunteers at a cost that fits the nonprofit budget. Recognize your volunteers with a President's Volunteer Service Award, Volunteer Manager of the Year or a Volunteer of the Year award. Event includes a dinner program and awards.
MARKETING: Promote the great work you do in the community
The Volunteer Center expands your reach through marketing (monthly e-newsletter), reach thousands of New Jersey volunteers everyday. Promote your agency, its mission, volunteer needs and events to engage new supporters while allowing current volunteers and donors opportunities to get more involved with your organization. Posts, Likes, Links, Hashtags...you name we do it across 4 social media platforms ( Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter).